Historic Hall County Newspapers Available Digitally
A community collaborative partnership of the Grand Island Public Library, Hall County Historical Society, Prairie Pioneer Genealogical Society, The Grand Island Independent, Cairo Roots Museum, Clipper Publishing Company, The Doniphan Herlad, Maltman Memorial Library (Wood River), and the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer is pleased to announce that Phase 1 of digital preservation of historic Hall County Newspapers.
Currently, the digital archive includes:
- Platte Valley Independent (1870-1884);
- Grand Island Times (1873-1892);
- Grand Island Independent (1884-1900);
- Wood River Gazette (1884-1892);
- Doniphan Eagle (1892-1895);
- Staats-Anzeiger und Herald (1894-1918) [German];
- Wood River Interests (1894-1919); and
- Wood River Sunbeam (1906-2003).
Online access is free to all who wish to use the archive. Please click on the following link to access: Historic Hall County Newspaper Community Archive.
A drop-in demonstration with Michelle Setlik from the Hall County Historical Society and Shaun Klee, Adult & Technical Services Librarian, will take place on February 13, 2020 at the Grand Island Public Library in Meeting Room BC from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Contact the Library at 385-5333 for any questions.