The Library Board of Trustees formed a Long Range Planning Committee in 2011 to look at the future needs and services of the library from the perspective of library users, working towards a recommendation to the Library Board of a general plan for how the library can best meet future community needs.
We've gone through several updates with the current report (approved September 24, 2018) encompassing seven goals to be realized between 2018 and 2020.
- Getting kids ready to read and supporting them as students
- Keeping pace with Library technology
- Making changes in collections and programs to match our diverse community needs
- Reshaping Reference, Teen and other areas as Library Learning Center areas
- Improving meeting rooms and videoconferencing capabilities
- Taking our services out to our youngest and eldest / better transportation to the Library
- Establishing Library Branch and expanded Internet Branch services
Many of our goals and objectives are in progress at this time with library board discussion to take place about the last two goals to ensure they can be accomplished.
On July 20, 2015 our Library Board approved the GILIBRARY 2020 Update for 2015-2018.
A 2014 Progress Report to our GILIBRARY 2020 plan was received by the Library Board February 16, 2015.
GILIBRARY 2020 Fiscal Year 2013-2014 Update was approved by Library Board September 16, 2013. This document includes 12 specific targeted objectives - Click here for a quick and easy version of our plan!.
FY 2012-13 Strategic Plan for Library Services approved by Library Board September 17, 2012
Long Range Plan as Approved by Library Board February 20, 2012
Long Range Planning Committee Report to Library Board January 12, 2012
Long Range Planning Committee Members April 14, 2011